Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dream Town

I have a place I visit in my dreams. I always get there by train. It's just a few hours from where I am living, so I can go for a day trip. The sun is always shining. It's a small town, with victorian era buildings and cobblestone streets that meander around, too small for any vehicles so everyone is on foot. The people are friendly. There is always delicious food, and some new used bookstore to explore, and interesting things to be seen.

I went there last night in my dreams. I don't get to visit often, but when I do, it feels like the perfect vacation.

Cooper has a doctor's appointment Thursday with a new pediatrician. We'll see how this appointment goes before I commit to an ongoing relationship with this doctor. The referrals I got spoke highly of him, so that is reassuring. Next week we will be going to the large children's hospital in the next state for a consult about his diastasis with a pediatric surgeon. And then there's this dissertation thingie that I should be working on in between doctor's appointments and physical therapy sessions.

Hmmm, I wonder if I can book a return vacation.

1 comments:

GeekBoy said...

Beautiful.

I hope everything goes well

Powered by Blogger.