Monday, December 15, 2008

Life with a toddler

I think I can officially say that I am now living with a toddler. Our physical therapist warned us that we were going to spend an awful lot of energy to get Cooper to walk, and at least once a week we would wonder why in the world we ever wanted the kid to be mobile. It's amazing the things he can get into now.

His favorite place: on top of the kitchen table.

He's also figured out that he can scoot chairs and get to the knobs on the stove, the crock of cooking utensils on the kitchen counter, and the answering machine on the phone.

Also, he will let me know when I am done watching TV. He just walks over and turns it off.

He walks. And walks. From room to room. From place to place. Back and forth. And when he's done walking, he drops down on his bottom and says, "Boom."

Cooper walks.

And all the mess, and rearranging, and kidproofing is totally worth it to be working at the computer and to see my baby walk into the office and say, "Hi!"

1 comments:

ShalottLady said...

HI!! This is Christi (Scrivner) Leman. Dan gave me your blog address...I've loved seeing what you're up to! What position are you applying for at BYU-I? What is your dissertation topic? Where are you teaching? I toyed with applying for the piano position open right now, but let's face it, my two kids have left my skills a bit wanting. Alas. (FYI, the word verification I have to type in for this is "porgical.") We could end up at BYU-I anyway though--my husband goes on the market for professorships in a couple of years (English). It would be good to hear from you!

Powered by Blogger.