Saturday, January 9, 2010

Low hanging fruit

One of the things I am trying to do this year is become more environmentally friendly. I used to be much more granola crunchy than I am now, and miss that part of me. I'm trying to start easily and make simple changes first. Here's what I've done so far:

  • Got a reusable lunch bag and sandwich wrap for my office lunches. I have a stack of cloth napkins that I use as well that just get tossed in the laundry.
  • Set up a recycling station in the back entry to collect recyclables.
  • Purchased cloth shopping bags.
  • Started using stainless steel water bottles rather than plastic.
  • Buying organic and local produce at the grocery store.
What are some other easy suggestions to re-green my life? I figure I'll pick off the low hanging fruit first, and then work my way up from there.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.