Thursday, August 4, 2011

I am so boring

What have I been up to for the last few days?

  • Got my diploma framed.
  • Wrote on bananas with toothpicks. One said my son's name. The other said, "Eat me."
  • Much crafting for presents. Pictures will show up when the gifts have been given so as to not ruin any surprises.
  • Spent more than two hands worth of hours working on a syllabus. The course is being completely redesigned to take into account a new prerequisite sequence, so even though I've been teaching it for the last two years, it's like designing from scratch. New textbooks, new material, the whole shebang.
That doesn't sound like much, but I've been working what feels like non-stop. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to course design so that's always a much longer process than it would be for some other people. I do love it though. I love planning the perfect semester, where all the projects work perfectly, and all the students lack attitutde problems.

Oh, I got an email from my dean about my student evaluations. I had one student just go after me in a way that was quite upsetting. He just wanted to let me know that I'm a great teacher, and it was obvious that someone had it out for me, but to not worry, because it happens to everybody once in a while. Just one more reason why I love my dean.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.