Friday, April 3, 2009

All in all, a good day

I went out with a friend this morning, both of us with our little boys in tow, into the four inches and counting of snow, to run errands and get both of us some much needed adult interactions. We went to lunch at my favorite restaurant, and then I came home and worked on my dissertation.

I've been wrestling with one section for about two months off and on, trying to get it to say on the paper what I think about it in my head, and I finally got it to match. Such an incredible relief. One more section of that chapter to finish, and then it's off to my committee for evaluation.

And I got word that I will have a teaching job this fall. The funding for the section I teach was up in the air due to the state budget cutbacks, but it got approved, so I will continue to have an income. Yay! Because I started pricing toddler beds, and anything that isn't made out of MDF is not cheap, and Cooper is about a week and a half from figuring out he can hook his leg over the edge of the crib and get out on his own.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.