Monday, January 12, 2009

Goals and rewards

I'm a big believer in goals. Goals need to be written down, and placed somewhere they can be seen regularly. That's why this blog is called Life by List, because I make lists of what I need to accomplish, and then go out and do it. With long-term goals, it's nice to break it down into shorter projects, and to reward yourself for each step along the way.

I have a big weight loss goal, but I try not to think about losing 100 pounds. Eeek. Just writing that down is overwhelming. I think about smaller increments usually. I can lose twenty pounds. And then I can do it again. And I'll reward myself at the end of each twenty pounds. But I knew I wanted a big reward for the end of all 100 pounds. I've been thinking about it for awhile now, and this morning I finally realized what I am going to do.

I'm getting skinny boots. Profgrrrrl got tenure boots, so why not skinny boots? I've always wanted boots like that, but they don't work when you're fat because they don't zip up your calves.

So, when I lose 100 pounds, I'm going to buy myself a fabulous pair of black leather kneehigh boots. And I'm gonna look smoking hot.

Oh, and when I weighed myself this morning, I'm down five pounds from my start weight. It's a start.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.