Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We decided not to go anywhere and just stay home so we could all (read:me) sleep as much as we wanted and finally get feeling better.

My annual pledge to not spoil Cooper was once again a total failure, and was helped out even more by loving aunts and uncles who treat him like one of their own. Let's just say I think I could set up a Playmobil store in my living room and leave it at that.

People always say it is better to give than to receive, and at Christmas I especially believe that. Watching Geekboy and Cooper open presents that I spent a lot of time thinking about, and how happy and excited they were was great.  Of course, they also did wonderfully in their choice of presents for me. True love is 180 pounds of fancy birdseed.

Next year, we're going to go spend Christmas with my family. That was the one thing that I really missed over the holidays, was my family and all the noise and crazy and cooking and laughing until you cry and new books that you steal from people when they set them down that goes along with my family.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.