Sunday, December 11, 2011

Gratitude

  1. Chocolate
  2. Health Insurance
  3. Laughter
  4. A healthy kid
  5. Pain meds
  6. My husband who takes care of me without a complaint
  7. The priesthood
  8. Home teachers who care
  9. Down blankets
  10. Avocado
  11. Books
  12. My family
  13. My kindle
  14. Temple covenants
  15. Glasses
  16. Electricity
  17. Heaters
  18. Purple
  19. Passion
  20. Snickerdoodles
  21. My grandpa who converted to our faith
  22. Birdsong
  23. Garden swings
  24. Sunshine
  25. Rain storms
  26. Teaching
  27. Learning
  28. Love
  29. Truth
  30. Wendell Berry
  31. Gainful employment
  32. Meaningful employment
  33. My mom's fudge
  34. Christmas lights
  35. Hedgehogs
  36. Fuzzy socks
  37. Friendship
  38. My son that died
  39. The resurrection
  40. Sharpies
  41. Notebooks
  42. Donut holes
  43. Faith
  44. The desire to achieve
  45. Candles
  46. Cuddling
  47. Music that you can sing along to at the top of your lungs
  48. Music that inspires
  49. Libraries
  50. C.S. Lewis
  51. Aldo Leopold
  52. The Pacific Ocean
  53. The Snake River
  54. Redwood Trees
  55. Bald Eagles
  56. My cat
  57. The scent of lilac blooming in the spring
  58. Cruise control
  59. The spot on my husband's stomach that is the perfect pillow for my head when I have had a bad day.
  60. Poetry
  61. BBC miniseries
  62. The internets
  63. My siblings
  64. My parents
  65. Toenail polish 
  66. Barefoot weather
  67. Craft supplies
  68. Bookshelves
  69. Streaming video
  70. Indoor water fights
  71. Falling in love over and over again
  72. Inspiration
  73. Revelation
  74. Snuggling puppies at the pet store to stave off my "need something cute and little" urges
  75. A husband who thinks it is sexy when I am smart
  76. Happy rocks
  77. Purple hippos
  78. Having been married long enough to say, "Remember when...?"
  79. Lip gloss
  80. Massages
  81. Nutella
  82. Everything bagels with whipped cream cheese
  83. Bountiful Baskets
  84. Bacon
  85. Geek webcomics
  86. Fantasy novels
  87. Indoor plumbing
  88. Cute hair clippies
  89. King Benjamin
  90. Washing machines and dryers
My fibromyalgia and headache has been worse than normal lately. I have a doctor's appointment Tuesday. We'll see if we can make any more medication changes or if anything else can be done. My body feels like it is holding me hostage anymore, so I am going to see if I can come up with ten things about my body for which I am grateful, because I can't make myself be grateful for the fibromyalgia. Yet.

  1. My fingernails that look like I have a french manicure with no effort
  2. My intellect
  3. Hair that grows superfast so I have no fear about doing weird things to it because if it doesn't work it will just grow back out.

2 comments:

Becca Jones said...

I love your list!

I'm sorry about the fibro and headaches. I don't have the headaches, but I do understand about the fibro. I HEAR you on that one.

And I'm jealous of your hair and fingernails.

EmmaNadine said...

It's good genes. I got the fingernails from my mom and the hair from my dad.

I have an appointment with my neurologist tomorrow to see about another med change for the fibro.

Powered by Blogger.